- Certified Financial Planner
- Member of the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners
- NAPFA-Registered Personal Financial Advisor
- Member of the Financial Planning Association
- Author of Coin: The Irreverent Yet Practical Guide to Money Management for Recent College Graduates.
- B.A. Economics/Computer Science, University of Colorado, Boulder
- MBA/Finance, University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.S. Personal Financial Planning, College of Financial Planning, Greenwood Village, CO
- Mentor for the Professional Mentorship Program and member of the Women’s Council, Leeds School of Business, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Mentor, Alliance of Comprehensive Planners
- PADI Scuba Instructor for A1 Scuba and Travel, Littleton, CO
- 15 year member of the volunteer scuba dive team for The Downtown Aquarium in Denver
Judy transitioned to financial planning after a successful career in high technology. She co-founded two software companies; highlights include being profiled by Entrepreneur Magazine and earning a ‘Best of COMDEX’ award for innovation. A poor experience with a financial advisor combined with a desire to help others led her to fee-only financial planning. Upon earning her master’s degree in the field and completing training through the Alliance of Comprehensive Planners, she opened her own firm in 2007 to serve families, individuals, and entrepreneurs.
Judy was one of seven financial coaches selected after a nationwide search for The Invested Life, a reality series produced by MSN Money. The series featured real people facing today’s most common money concerns and followed them on their journeys as they took control of their finances. She has been profiled in the Wall Street Journal and contributes regularly to the newspaper as well as US News and World Report, Kiplinger’s, MONEY Magazine, and other financial publications. Judy writes articles on personal finance for UniversityParent and CoinInTheBank.
Judy has been married 34 years. Together she and her husband, Scott, have a daughter and twin sons. When not at work, she tries to be skiing, swimming, or scuba diving.